Nick Kyrgios’ girlfriend stands by her man

nick babe

 

Nick Kyrgios’ girlfriend put on a united front with her embattled beau as they arrived at Wimbledon today hours after he was ordered to appear in court over a common assault allegation.  Psychology student Costeen Hatzi, 22, and the Australian tennis star, 27, held hands and shared a kiss for the cameras as they arrived at the All England Club ahead of his quarterfinal match.

It was revealed yesterday that Kyrgios is facing allegations he assaulted his ex-girlfriend, model Chiara Passari, in an incident last year and will appear in court in his hometown of Canberra on August 2. The charge carries a maximum sentence of two years in prison.  Miss Hatzi has remained steadfast in the hours since, posting about Kyrgios on Instagram and now standing by his side at Wimbledon.

Miss Hatzi, dressed in white jeans and an oversized blue shirt, looked relaxed as she joined her boyfriend on a practice court. The pair put on a typically tactile display and shared a kiss next to the net.  Yesterday Miss Hatzi reposted a clip from Kyrgios’ account, shows her posing in the mirror with Kyrgios’ sister Halimah.

Costeen, dressed in black trousers, white shirt and Christian Dior bag, appears not to realise her boyfriend was filming, jokingly telling her beau: ‘If you’re doing a video, I’m going to punch you in the face.’  Miss Hatzi, who lives with Kyrgios, 27, in the inner-Sydney suburb of Zetland, has been a frequent face at Wimbledon, turning out to support her boyfriend as he continues his campaign.

The couple have been dating since at least December 2021 and Kyrgios is reportedly planning to propose to Miss Hatzi in the near future.  Today he will play Chile’s Cristian Garin for a spot in the Wimbledon semi-finals but the match, which is expected to win, threatens to be overshadowed by the allegations.

Initial reports stated the charge came after Kyrgios allegedly grabbed Ms Passari in December 2021.  However, ACT Police confirmed to Daily Mail Australia that the alleged incident was only reported in December. It is said to have occurred months earlier.  Ms Passari, who was allegedly pushed by Kyrgios, commented to say she had nothing to do with the charges only emerging this week as Kyrgios prepared for Wimbledon quarter-final.

A police statement released on Tuesday afternoon read: ‘ACT Policing can confirm a 27-year-old Watson man is scheduled to face the ACT Magistrates Court on the 2nd of August in relation to one charge of common assault following an incident in December 2021.’  Kyrgios’s barrister Jason Moffett, from Key Chambers, told The Canberra Times his client was aware of the allegations, which were ‘in the context of a domestic relationship’.

‘The nature of the allegation is serious, and Mr Kyrgios takes the allegation very seriously.  ‘Given the matter is before the court… he doesn’t have a comment at this stage, but in the fullness of time we’ll issue a media release.’

Late on Tuesday night, Kyrgios’ legal team released a statement denying the tennis star had been charged.  ‘At the present time, the allegations are not considered as fact by the Court, and Mr Kyrgios is not considered charged with an offence until the First Appearance,’ the statement said.

‘It may be misleading to the public to describe the Summons in any other manner than a formal direction to appear to face allegations, the precise nature of which is neither certain at this moment nor confirmed by either the Prosecution or Mr Kyrgios.’  Kyrgios is viewed by his supporters as a loveable rogue and by critics as a tyrant on the court.

His behaviour has already been the subject of controversy at Wimbledon, notably in his matches against Britain’s Paul Jubb and Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas.  During his match against Jubb, the player appeared to spit in the direction of a spectator and shout abuse at line judges.  Tsitsipas described him as a bully with an evil side, which Kyrgios denied.

Kyrgios was fined $10,000 after his first-round match for spitting towards a fan, was warned for swearing on Saturday and then called for Tsitsipas to be defaulted after the Greek hit a ball close to a spectator’s head after losing the second set.  Both players received fines on Sunday.

nick babe1 

Kyrgios’ family, who have welcomed Miss Hatzi with open arms, remain steadfast in their support in the wake of the allegations, with his brother writing on Instagram: ‘Haters and liars will always try bring us down – we keep it 100 and push forward.  Christos, who is a regular in the players’ box when his brother plays, made the comment on an Instagram post from Kyrgios, where he urged his 2.3 million followers to ‘believe in themselves’.

‘This is why I play. To all my youngsters out there, believe in yourself,’ he wrote, alongside a photo captured of an adoring young fan at Wimbledon.  Miss Hatzi left a series of emojis in the comment section which Kyrgios responded to with a single love heart.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here